Berenstain Bears - Family VacationSKU:KAB0026
Set in the rolling hills of Bear Country, this animated comedy stars a fun loving family of honey Bears, Mamma, Pappa, Brother and Sister, whose love, loyalty and humour allow them to overcome any obstacle that finds its way down to their sunny dirt road. The funny, familiar experiences of this bear family are easy for kids to identify with and learn from.
Includes the folowing episodes:
- By The Sea- When the Bear family arrives at their vacation beach house, the cubs balk at spending any time unpacking and cleaning. They want to go swimming immediately. Seeing the opportunity to teach the cubs a lesson about family cooperation, Mama and Papa decide to join the cubs on the beach. When the cubs realize their swimsuits are hopelessly buried somewhere in the trunk of the car, they become more willing to help their parents.
- The Summer Job- Brother and Sister are given the opportunity to learn about farming when they spend their summer working with Farmer Ben. They experience the joys and sorrows of working in a field so intrinsically linked to the whims of Mother Nature. As the summer ends the cubs harvest their own crop of sweet corn and gain a new appreciation for the effort that goes into farming.
- Fly It- Brother and Freddy team up to try and create an innovative flying device for their fifth grade science project. Their hopes are dashed after a series of unsuccessful test flights and they decide to give up on the whole notion of being inventors. After having a talk with veteran inventor, Professor Actual Factual, the two cubs are encouraged to keep trying and ultimately they succeed in making a balloon-propelled aircraft that impresses the entire class.
- The Perfect Fishing Spot- Deciding that they’re going to make Gran and Gramps’ anniversary dinner special, Papa sets out to catch a prize winning fish as the main course and Mama sets out to make one of her blue ribbon pies for dessert. However one thing after the other gets in their way to the point they find themselves with no fish, no pie and no time. Ultimately it’s the cubs who help Mama and Papa realize that it’s not what’s on the table but who comes to it that makes a dinner special.
- The Bad Habit- Sister develops a habit of nail-biting and various attempts to find a remedy are unsuccessful. When Brother notices a connection between Sister’s math anxiety and her nail-biting, he offers his services as a tutor. Sister’s fingernails start growing back when she no longer worries about how to add and subtract fractions.