Berenstain Bears - Visit the DentistSKU:KAB0045
Set in the rolling hills of Bear Country, this animated comedy stars a fun loving family of honey Bears, Mamma, Pappa, Brother and Sister, whose love, loyalty and humour allow them to overcome any obstacle that finds its way down to their sunny dirt road. The funny, familiar experiences of this bear family are easy for kids to identify with and learn from.
Includes the folowing episodes:
- Visit the Dentist- When Sister gets her first loose tooth, Brother teases her that the dentist will extract it with a big yanking tool. After Sister watches Brother get a cavity filled, she discovers that her dentist is a very gentle fellow and he assures her that most baby teeth don’t need yanking. They fall out all on their own.
- Excuse Note- Sister sees the upside of having a twisted ankle when she presents the teacher with a note from home, excusing her from the rigors of gym class. She prolongs her convalescence as long as she can, but when Teacher Jane spots her running and playing at recess, her respite from gym class is over. Ultimately, Sister wants to get in shape for the soccer team tryouts and realizes the hard work of gym class will help her become the athlete she hopes to be.
- Ferdy Factual- When Brother promises to help a new kid get settled in at school, he’s shocked to discover that Ferdy Factual is a stuck up know-it-all that corrects everyone including Teacher Bob. Although Brother tries harder than most to be Ferdy’s friend, the pint size genius continues to snub him. Regardless, when he becomes the laughing stock of the school, Ferdy finally realizes who his real friends are. Not only does Brother go to Ferdy’s defense, his example helps Ferdy understand that sometimes the best way to make friends is to be one. In return, Ferdy takes the opportunity Brother presents to him to make it up to everyone by using his smarts to help the school football team win an important victory.
- Don’t Pollute (Anymore)- Looking for something to do their environmental school project on, Brother and Sister visit Professor Actual Factual at the Bearsonian Institute. Not only do they discover that too much trash in Bear Country is a big problem, they also learn about endangered species such as the Bumbleberry tree - one of which Papa is intending to cut down to make a very special table. By showing them how to recycle eggshells as plant fertilizer, Mama helps the cubs discover that even little cubs like them can help reduce waste. Not only do the cubs spread the word to their friends who come up with their own ways to recycle, they help Papa realize he should help the environment by planting new trees instead of cutting them down.
- Nothing to Do- Mama finds Brother and Sister sad and grumpy because they have nothing to do. She suggests a number of entertaining things, but the cubs reject each one in turn. Not wanting them to suffer from boredom any longer, Mama finds jobs that need to be done around the house. All of a sudden the cubs have a change of heart; the entertaining things she suggested earlier now sound pretty good. However, seeing Mama and Papa working so hard compels Brother and Sister to roll up their sleeves and help with the work.