Berenstain Bears - Catch the BusSKU:KAB0023
Set in the rolling hills of Bear Country, this animated comedy stars a fun loving family of honey Bears, Mamma, Pappa, Brother and Sister, whose love, loyalty and humour allow them to overcome any obstacle that finds its way down to their sunny dirt road. The funny, familiar experiences of this bear family are easy for kids to identify with and learn from.
Includes the folowing episodes:
- Catch The Bus- Brother’s tardiness has become such an inconvenience for others, that he’s given a wristwatch to correct the behavior. The watch gives Brother the time, but not the will to be on time and he continues making excuses. Not until Lenny causes Brother to be late for a movie does Brother realize how inconsiderate it is keep others waiting.
- Trouble With Grown Ups- In order to convey that it’s tough being a cub, Brother and Sister put on a play, which comically depicts their parents as overbearing tyrants. The cubs are pleased when Mama and Papa agree they see the cubs’ point. However when Mama and Papa offer to switch places with Brother and Sister and let them be the parents, the cubs readily agree. It’s only after the cubs realize they’re responsible for doing the dishes, making the meals and keeping the house in order that they come to the conclusion, and see Mama and Papa’s point, that sometimes it’s just as tough being a parent as it is being a cub.
- The Bad Dream- Brother and Sister love the Space Grizzlies TV show, but recently, Sister finds that a new villain character is just a little too scary for her. In fact, it’s becoming harder and harder to avoid him – he’s on the TV, he’s one of Brother’s modelling clay sculptures, and ultimately, the Space Grizzly character ends up in one of her dreams. When Sister tells Mama about her bad dream, Mama reassures her that it is always best to talk to someone about things you find scary because it makes you feel better. Sister does feel better, and Like Mama did for her, Sister helps Brother feel better by being there for him to talk to when he has his own bad dream.
- Gotta Dance- The Bear Country Spring Fling is coming up and Mama and Papa are going to kick it off with a dance demonstration. But Papa is so busy building the stage that he doesn’t have time to practice with Mama, so she conscripts Brother as her dance practice partner. There’s only one catch - Brother can’t dance and doesn’t even want to try because he feels he’ll look silly. But thanks to Mama, Brother learns that dance moves are a lot like sports moves which he’s more than capable of and comfortable with - so much so that Brother fills in for Papa in the real dance demonstration.
- Moving Day- The cubs are sad when they hear that their friends down the street are moving away. Sister vows that she’s never going to move. In fact, she’s always going to live right there in the tree house where the Bear Family has always lived. It’s a big surprise to Sister when Mama and Papa tell her that they used to live somewhere else and they too moved away - to the tree house they live in now. In relating the story, Mama and Papa help Brother and Sister see the positive side of moving. In turn, Brother and Sister help their friends see the positives as well - new adventures, new friends, a place better suited to a growing family, etc. And of course they all promise to stay in touch and share everything through their letters.