Berenstain Bears - Going to the CottageSKU:KAB0030
Set in the rolling hills of Bear Country, this animated comedy stars a fun loving family of honey Bears, Mamma, Pappa, Brother and Sister, whose love, loyalty and humour allow them to overcome any obstacle that finds its way down to their sunny dirt road. The funny, familiar experiences of this bear family are easy for kids to identify with and learn from.
Includes the folowing episodes:
- Go Up And Down- When Papa takes the cubs to the Bruin’s cottage, he’s in such a hurry to go fishing; he dismisses the cubs’ suggestion to think ahead and plan out everything they’ll need to take with them. He rushes down the long windy staircase that leads to the water far below - only to find himself climbing back up the stairs again and again to get something else they need from the cottage. They’ve forgotten quite a few things - lifejackets, oars, sunhats, the fishing net…so Papa goes up and down and up and down, wearing himself out. It’s only when the cubs take it upon themselves to think ahead, make a list and take everything they need with them that Papa can finally sit back and enjoy a day of fishing.
- The Big Election- When Papa’s complaints to City Hall about all the potholes around town seem to be falling on deaf ears, he decides to take matters into his own hands and run for Mayor. While trying to take care of everyone’s concerns, Papa ends up promising everything to everyone and soon discovers that Mayor Honeypot’s job is no easy task. In the end, Papa decides he can fulfil his civic responsibility much better by being part of the solution instead of part of the problem, so he helps lighten the Mayor’s load by organizing a group of volunteers to repair the potholes themselves.
- The Giant Mall- When the Bear Family visits the new mall, they’re amazed by the sheer size of it. It’s huge. Mama goes over a few “mall” rules - so they don’t get lost, and what they should do in the event they do get separated from the family. Of course Papa has no concerns about such rules, proclaiming that a wise old grown up woods bear like himself never gets lost. Papa soon finds out that rules are for everyone when he’s the one who ends up having to be rescued from the ‘little lost cubs’ station by Mama, Brother and Sister.
- Showdown At Birder’s Wood- When Too Tall and the gang decide they’re going to build ‘a most excellent’ tree fort in a big old tree in Birder’s Wood, Brother, Sister and their pals try to convince the gang otherwise in order to protect a rare bird nesting in the same tree. As the situation escalates, the two sides find themselves locked in a stalemate, both sides believing they are right. Ultimately the standoff is ended as Papa helps the cubs come up with a compromise - one that allows the gang their most excellent tree house as well as ensures the safety of the bird and its nest.
- That Stump Must Go- Papa and the cubs each have a problem. No matter what he tries, Papa can’t remove an old tree stump that’s obstructing his view of his garden. No matter what Brother and Sister try, the scarecrow they’re building for Papa’s garden actually attracts the birds instead of scaring them away. It’s only after Mama challenges them to look for the good side of their situations that Papa and the cubs find resolutions. Papa decides to leave the stump and turn it into a base for a garden table, and the cubs decide to make the scarecrow even more attractive to the birds – then place it far away from the garden so they stay away from it completely.