Empathy is Elementary Book & CDSKU:EE0141
The program includes four colorful, whiteboard/computer compatible PDF stories on the CD that teach these empathy concepts:
- Miss Heart’s Sunshine Center (K & Grade 1)
- Gabby Good’s Glasses (Grades 1 & 2)
- Tammi & Lulu (Grades 2 & 3)
- Empathy Elementary (Grades 4 & 5)
Also included are activities for each grade level to reinforce the stories’ messages:
- Making Sad Feelings Disappear, Heart Wands, and more (PK, K & Grade 1)
- Helping an Upset Friend, Feeling Cards, and more (Grades 1 & 2)
- What is a Hero?, Stand-Up Strategies, and more (Grades 2 & 3)
- In Someone Else’s Shoes, Who Am I?, and more (Grades 4 & 5)
Plus monthly all-school activities for each grade where children demonstrate empathy in and outside of school Developing empathy is an important component of social and emotional development, and a skill children will use throughout their lifetimes.
Includes ASCA Standards and CD containing PDF files with color versions of each story, reproducible activity sheets,and eleven 11 x 17 printable posters. Level 1 Whiteboard compatible.