Berenstain Bears - The Big Red KiteSKU:KAB0621
Set in the rolling hills of Bear Country, this animated comedy stars a fun loving family of honey Bears, Mamma, Pappa, Brother and Sister, whose love, loyalty and humour allow them to overcome any obstacle that finds its way down to their sunny dirt road. The funny, familiar experiences of this bear family are easy for kids to identify with and learn from.
Includes the folowing episodes:
- The Big Red Kite- When a store window full of colorful novelty kites gets the cubs excited about entering a kite-flying contest, Brother and Sister are surprised when Papa suggests they build their own kite instead of buying one. Together Papa and the cubs build a big old style kite, which turns out to be too big to fly without an equally big wind. Regardless, instead of buying a store bought kite for the contest like all the other cubs, Brother and Sister decide to take their chances on ‘Big Red.’ To them, it’s no longer about winning or losing; it’s about taking pride in something they’ve made. They just want to see Big Red fly. As luck would have it, the wind picks up and, as all the store bought kites crash to the ground, Big Red flies so high, all the contestants join in and have a great time flying it.
- Big Bear, Small Bear- When he’s given his very own key to the tree house, Brother feels so ‘all grown up’ that he turns his back on frivolous ‘cub games’ in favor of doing ‘important grown up jobs’ with Papa. But when Papa can’t find a way to help Ms. Grizzle gain access to her accidentally locked house, it’s Brother who shinnies up a nearby tree to an open window like only a cub can. Realizing that cubs can do important jobs too, like taking care of their pets, helping their family and siblings, Brother decides not to be in such a rush to be ‘all grown up’ and rejoins the cub fun with his friends.
- Hug and Make Up-The cubs and their friends all have acts to practice for a backyard circus they’re putting on. Sister has perfected a bicycle stunt that looks very impressive - that is until Brother does the same routine riding a unicycle. In the interest of a better show, Sister graciously bows out to make room for Brother’s more entertaining act. When Brother comes to realize how he’s hurt Sister’s feelings, he apologizes and makes an effort to teach her how to ride the unicycle before the big show.
- Family Get Together- The Bears are hosting a family reunion, but the cubs doubt they’ll enjoy spending time with relatives they’ve never met. The cubs’ first impression of two cousins only confirms their opinion; Sylvester and Penelope are just too different to consider getting acquainted with. However, as the day unfolds, Brother and Sister get to know them better and discover they’ve not only met new cousins, they’ve made new friends too.
- House of Mirrors- When something she overhears mistakenly leads Sister to believe she has ‘big ears.’ nothing Mama can do will convince her otherwise. So instead Mama takes Sister to the carnival and to the House of Mirrors where their mirror images distort them in every way, shape and form imaginable - fat, thin, stretched, squished, until finally Sister finds herself staring at a mirror that makes her ears look truly elephantine. By comparison, Sister realizes that her ears are not big and that bears come in all shapes and sizes. The important thing is that our inner goodness speaks to who we are much more than our outward appearance does.