Bridge Over Worried WatersSKU:2017
The recommended treatment approach for anxiety is overwhelmingly Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). CBT helps children learn to handle their fears and worries by modifying the ways they think and behave. Techniques included in CBT are relaxation, positive self-talk, and coping behaviors. Bridge Over Worried Waters is essentially a CBT program in a box that incorporates all of these techniques.
Learning Objectives - Players will:
- Better understand situations that trigger anxious feelings
- Learn a variety of cognitive (self-talk) strategies to decrease anxious feelings
- Learn a variety of behavioral (relaxation and activities) to decrease anxious feelings
- Develop improved emotional competence
- Improve self-esteem and self-mastery as a result of increased emotional competence