Career & Life Explorer for Middle-High School, set of 25SKU:JA3973
Comes shrinkwrapped in sets of 25. The Career & Life Explorer gets students thinking about their futures and their careers while encouraging them to stay in school, explore their options, and dream big. With bright colors, appealing graphics, and easy-to-follow instructions, the device guides students as they look at their career clues (their interests, talents, values, hobbies, and more); review more than 250 job titles arranged in six interest groupings; plan their high school courses and activities; and consider education, training, and work options after high school. This second edition implements changes suggested by customer feedback, namely streamlining the content in order to keep student’s attention better and reduce administration time, as well as changing the overall layout to make it easier to read and fill out. With updated job titles from the latest edition of the Occupational Outlook Handbook, the CLE makes an ideal first step for any middle school or early high school career exploration unit, and can also help students plan their high school curriculum to match their future plans.
Key Features and Benefits
- Students develop a one-page “My Ideal Job” poster which includes their top interest groups, possible jobs, skills and values, and education plans.
- An information source list directs students to the most current career research material.
- An action plan worksheet allows students to list classes to take in high school, extracurricular activities and part-time work to pursue, and additional research to do.
- A comprehensive assessment/checklist that measures students’ interests, values, work preferences, education, abilities, and other factors, yet is incredibly easy to use.
- The interest inventory portion is based on the RIASEC occupational coding system, the most widely used of its kind.
- A “Take the Next Step” section encourages students to stay in school, explore their options, and dream big.
Administrator’s Guide contains even more special advice for teachers using the Career & Life Explorer in their classrooms, including discussion topics and class activities, correlations with general career related State standards, and a crosswalk from the RIASEC codes to the 16 Department of Education Career Clusters. It also includes a reproducible Career Exploration Worksheet that students can use in their research.
Acts as an ideal supplement to any middle school or high school career exploration curriculum, or can serve as an all inclusive career exploration unit for educators who only have a few days to spend.
Comes in sets of 25, copyright 2007