Custody battles are among the most destructive and bitter of all civil court legal actions.
Children who are experiencing a custody battle need a safe way to explore and talk about their feelings.They also need to know they are not alone, and that the situation will resolve itself so that life goes on. This book offers a format to ease their way and is suitable for use in individual and small group counseling.
- Child-friendly legal definitions
- Read-aloud story for groups or individuals
- Six-week small group format
- Icebreakers and group preparation tips
- Parent section
- Q & A on situations and feelings
- Sections on coping for parents and children
- Notes for helping adults